The error “There was a problem sending the command to the program” is one of the most common errors encountered by Windows users.
When users try to open Excel, Word, PowerPoint or Access documents then showing this error.
“There was a problem sending the command to the program” – a common Windows 10 error
We can solve this error Four way.
[ First Solution ]
Disable Dynamic Data Exchange
To fix the problem, it’s advised to
do that, just follow these steps:
1. Open the Microsoft Office app which triggers this error > go to Options.
2. Click on the File menu > select Options.
Go to the Advanced tab > scroll down to the General section >
Uncheck Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE).
If this option is already unchecked, you should first enable it, restart the Office program, and then disable the option.
- Save the changes and restart the Office program.
[ Second Solution ]
Disable the option “Run as administrator”
Sometimes fix this problem simply by disabling Run as administrator option .you just need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Start Menu > type the name of the Office program causing this error.
- Right-click on it > select Properties. If the Properties option is not available > select Open the file location > in the new window, click right-click on the Office program > select Properties
3. Go to the Shortcut tab > Advanced > uncheck the option Run this program as administrator.
4. Apply the changes.
[ Third Solution ]
Turn off add-ins
Sometimes Office add-ins can cause this issue to appear.
If you’re having this problem, we advise you to disable add-ins by doing the following:
- Launch the Office program causing the error > go to the File menu > click on Options > click on Add-Ins.In the
Manage list at the bottom of the screen > click on COM Add-Ins > click on Go.
- Clear one of the add-ins > click OK.
- Restart the Office program. If the issue persists, repeat the steps and select a different add-in in step 3. Clear the add-ins one at a time.
[ Fourth Solution ]–
Disable hardware acceleration.
To fix this problem, you need to open the problematic application and disable the hardware acceleration feature. To do that, just follow these steps:
- Go to the File tab > click on Options.
In the new dialog box, click on Advanced > select Disable hardware graphics acceleration > click OK.
But mind it , once you disable hardware acceleration, your performance might drop a bit, but you won’t see the error anymore.
Thank you .to read this. if you like it share in your wall.